Membership forms can be obtained from the WCF Office. The completed application should be returned to the WCF. Intimation of admission as members will be made by post. Kindly do not make inquiries on the telephone. Those applications which are not accepted will be filed and no intimation regarding non-acceptance will be sent. The entrance fee will be payable immediately on admission.
All correspondence may be addressed to:
World Culture Forum
Room no. 1003
YMCA, Gate no.1
Jai Singh Road near Parliament Police Station
New Delhi- 110001
RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE WORLD CULTURE FORUM
These articles may be called as the rules and regulations of the WCF.
“Centre” means the World Culture Forum Centre.
“President” means the President of the General Body of Centre.
“Council” means the Governing Council of the Centre.
“General Body” means the General Body of the Centre.
Any major individual of sound mind and integrity having unflinching faith in advocating peace and harmony in the world through culture and agrees with the vision and mission of the WCF can be admitted in accordance with the rules.
2. ARTICLE OF ASSOCIATION ON ORGANISATIONAL FUND
An initial contribution of Rs 1000 which has to be settled by the Settlor and paid in cash. Gift/donation either in cash or in kind which may be made by any Philanthropic Institutions/persons or members of the public who are in sympathy with the aims and object or purpose set out herein. The organization may raise funds by advertisements in the publication of the organization, charity shows, calling process, accepting fees or subscription or other methods. No transaction of immovable property shall be accepted by the organization and any funds or property received by the organization and possessed by the organization shall constitute the “ORGANISATIONAL FUND” and shall vest in the board for the time being.
3. MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATION
Board of the Organization
This organization shall be administered by a board of an organization whose number shall not be less than 2 or more than 11. The permanent Member may nominate another member and they will be called “Nominated Member”. All the Member will be collectively known as the board of Member (hereinafter referred to as “the board”). The proceedings of the Board shall not in any way be invalidated due to any post or posts remaining vacant. During the Time when a vacancy is yet to be filled up, the remaining shall act as a full board. Any vacancy in the board or illegality in the appointment of Members or their proceedings shall not invalidate any prior act or decision of the board.
The Board of Organization shall have the power to-
Execute a power of attorney or powers of attorney to any person for the purpose of executing, administering or managing the whole or any part of the organization for the purpose of some or all objects of the organization. Furthermore, to borrow money with or without security and to repay the same and to receive, collect and enforce recovery of all the money due or payable to the organization and grant receipts and discharges, therefore.
President, Vice President and Treasurer of the organization –
The managing board, for the time being, will be at liberty to appoint additional Members within the number mentioned above for such a period or on such terms regarding the retirement and re-appointment of the board for the time being considered proper. There shall be a President for the administration of this organization. He will be the Head of the organization and preside over the meeting of the General Body as well as that of the Management Committee. He will have voting power and will have the right of casting vote. He will summon the members for all meetings. The board shall elect the- Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary from among themselves once in every three years. The routine administration of the organization, its property, and affairs, convening meetings of the board, maintaining minutes, accounts, records and other documents of the organization shall be looked after by the Secretary of the Board of Members. The founder member/ Settler shall also be a member of the board as well as the President of the Board for a lifetime with the right to select a successor. The first Managing board shall be the “Settler” and will hold the office for a lifetime. After the demise or relinquishment of the office of the Managing board or in event of the first Managing board failing to nominate his successor in office, the remaining members will elect one of the members as the Managing Board. The Managing board shall have the power to remove a member suffering from a physical or mental disability or if accused of misfeasance of organization funds or property or misconduct, after a satisfactory inquiry and such an action of the Managing Member shall be final.
The day to day administration of the organization shall be looked after by the Nominated member under the guidance, control and supervision of the Board of Members. The Board of Members shall nominate one amongst the Nominated Members as who shall hold the office for a certain period as decided by the Board. The Managing Board shall perform all functions, discharge such duties as or specifically entrusted to him/her in writing by the Board of Members.
Tenure of Members
All the Members unless they voluntarily resign or are disqualified for any of the reasons hereinafter contained, shall continue to be Member throughout their lives. All Member hold their office throughout their life.
Retirement of Members-
Any member may retire on submitting a three months’ notice in writing thereof to the others. The member then automatically ceases to be and shall vacate the office of the member in case of the following-
1. By death, resignation or retirement.
2. If he/she becomes of unsound mind.
3. If he/she is adjudged insolvent or applies to be adjudged so.
4. If he/she has been convicted of any offense for not less than 12 months.
5. If he/she is absent from India without permission of other Members (which if permission is granted will not be withdrawn) for a continuous period of more than one year.
Removal of Member
The Board of the member may remove any member from office if in their opinion he/she has ceased to represent the interest which he purports to represent on the board, provided that reasonable opportunity is given to the member to make any representation against the proposed action.
Termination of Membership
Any member of the Centre who works against the concerns, goals, and honor of the Centre will terminate to be its member. A member of the Centre including the founder member shall cease to be a member of the organization He/ She die, resign, become of unsound mind, become insolvent or is sentenced of a criminal offense. A member may resign from the membership of the Centre any time by a letter directed to the president. The Centre shall have full powers to accept such resignations. There shall not be the refurbishment of membership after termination.
All the appeals shall be made before the General Body of the organization, the decision of the General Body shall be final. The reason for rejection shall be communicated to the person concerned. The Centre may from time to time make bye-laws for carrying out the purpose of these Rules and Regulation in Delhi.
4. GOVERNING BODY
The General Body shall consist of the following-
All members of the Council.
All Ordinary Individual Members.
Two nominees of each of the constitutional Members
All Corporate Members who will be represented by their Chief Executives.
The Governing Body shall consist of all members and office bearers as under-
|NAME OF MEMBERS
|Prahlad Narayan Singh
|Executive Director, President
|Communication and Dissemination Manager
|Research and Administrative officer
5. POWERS AND DUTIES OF MEMBERS
Without prejudice to any of the powers that the members may have under any law for the time being in force or in regards to their general power of management, the members shall have the following powers-
1. The preservation, maintenance, and management thereof and the affairs relating thereto or connected therewith.
2. To apply any part of the Organizational Fund in acquiring movable or immovable properties as they may think fit and proper.
3. To convert, change, transfer, transpose or otherwise deal with all or any of the investments belonging or representing the OrganizationalFund and reinvest the same as the members may deem fit and proper.
4. To accept donations, contributions, subscriptions and/ or other grants-in-kind either in money or in kind of any movable/immovable properties from any person/person, firm/firms, company/companies for the advancement and furtherance of the objects and purposes of the organization.
5. Government securities, promissory notes, charges, debenture, cheques, drafts, and other securities or instruments. Anyone or more of the members authorized by the board will be competent to operate the account or accounts with any bank or banks, person or persons, firm or firms, company or companies, banker or bankers and to sign transfer deeds, endorses, cheques, drafts, government or other promissory notes, debentures, securities, instruments, etc.
6. To give a guarantee of the assets and property of the organization, including the Bank guarantee on behalf of the organization to Corporate bodies, persons, firms, institutions, as the board may decide from time to time, the members shall not be personally liable for such guarantees or securities.
7. To change the registered office of the organization from time to time to such other place or places as the board may deem fit and proper at their discretion.
8. To appoint lawyers, leaders, advocates to file and defend suit or suits filed for and against the organization or in the name of the organization and also file suits for financial and other disputes or dues with different parties. To sign and execute such applications, petitions, affidavits, documents for such proceedings and delegate powers to the officer(s), employee(s), staff(s) and member(s) for such proceeding(s) as required from time to time.
9. To borrow for the purpose of the organization on the personal credit of the board with or without charges or responsibilities upon the assets of the organization.
10. To meet the necessary expenses to be incurred in connection with the execution and administration of the organization.
11. The members of the board will as far as possible invest and keep invested all the money not required immediately for the purposes of the organization in such a manner/ or in such securities (without any restrictions as to the organization Securities whatsoever) and with such person or persons, firms or firms, company or companies, banker or bankers, etc. whatsoever, as the board in their absolute discretion may think fit and proper.
12. Out of the income of the organization property, the board shall be entitled to spend or incur the following expenses namely:
a. All rates, taxes, assessments, dues and duties if any payable to the Government, municipal or public bodies in respect thereof or any part thereof.
b. The premium for the insurance of the buildings or any other insurable property movable or immovable for the time being, forming part of the organization property.
c. The costs of ordinary repairs and for providing any amenities to the buildings for the time being forming part of the organization property.
d. The cost of making such additions/altercations or improvements to or in the buildings forming part of the organization property, as the board shall think fit.
e. Wages and salaries of any manager, supervisor, accountant, clerk, servant or other employees employed by the board in carrying out this organization.
f. Cost and expenses of keeping the organization property in good condition.
g. Cost and expenses for installing and renovating the electrical and other installations in the building for the time being forming part of the theorganization property.
h. The architect’s fee and legal charges and fees payable to other professionals engaged in the course of the administration of the organization.
i. All other costs, charges, expenses of and incidental to the management of the organization property in accordance with the objects and purposes hereof or which may incidental thereto.
13. Subject as aforesaid the board shall from time to time make and alter rules and regulations with regard to the carrying out of the objectives and all matters in respect of which any power or duty is hereby vested in them as they may think proper.
14. None of the powers enumerated above will be deemed to authorize the carrying out of any activity for profit by the board and these powers shall be exercised by the board in such a manner that the income of the organization will be totally exempt from tax under section 11, 12 and 13 of the Income Tax Act 1961 or such other sections or clauses as amended from time to time.
15. And generally, do all Acts, Deed, and Things as may be necessary for the proper management, control and administration of the organization and/ or the organizational Fund and all other matters incidental thereto or connected therewith.
6. MANAGING BOARD
In addition to discharging normal duties of a board preside over a meeting of the Board of Members. The Managing board is authorized to sign all documents including bank documents, acknowledgments for the contributions received, and agreements with individuals, Government Institutions and other organizations on behalf of the Board of Members. The Managing board shall have all the residuary powers and delegations of powers, not explicitly assigned to any of the other officers in these presents and also for maintaining the dignity of the organization and shall use his/her influence to promote the activities of the organization. The Members shall be entitled to receive and be paid out of the organizational Fund, all out of pockets including traveling and other expenses reasonably and legitimately incurred by them in connection with organizational matters. No Income of the organization shall be applied for the personal benefit either of the board or of the Settlor.
7. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
The financial year of the organization shall end on 31st March, every year provided that the Board of Members shall be at Liberty to change the same for time to time if they so deem it fit and proper. The annual accounts shall be audited by a Chartered Accountant or a qualified Auditor who shall be appointed by the Managing Board. The Surplus funds of the organization which have not been spent in any year shall be invested in the modes prescribed under the provisions of the Indian Trust Act, 1882 and/or The Income Tax Act, 1961.
8. INDEMNITY OF MEMBERS
The Members shall be kept indemnified out of assets against all legal or other actions, costs of litigation, claims, and liabilities arising out of the need to defend the organization and its properties and assets or out of any deed done by the members in the due discharge of their duties.
9. EXERCISE OF POWERS BY MEMBERS
All or any of the powers vested in or exercisable by the members as per the Deed of the organization shall be capable of being performed or exercised by a majority of the member’s presence at the meeting of the member and any action or decision of such majority shall be valid and effective as it would have been if done by all the members. The organization may open additional office(s) or branch(es) at any time or at any place in India, as it may think fit for the operation of the organization.
10. FUNDS OF ORGANISATION
Notwithstanding anything contained in hereinafter no investment of the organization arising out of such investments shall accrue or to be used or applied directly or indirectly or in the manner contemplated in sub-section(2) of section 11 of the Income Tax Act, 1961 for the benefit of any person referred to in sub-section(3) of section 13 of Income Tax Act, 1961. The Funds of the organization shall be solely utilized for the benefit of the members by way of interest, bonus, dividend, profit, etc. No funds of the organization shall be applied for the personal benefit either of the board or of the Settlor.
11. AMENDMENTS AND DISSOLUTION OF THE ORGANISATION
While the organization shall be irrevocable, the Board of Members may amend any of the clauses except those relating to objects of the organization, the First Managing member and First member, at a duly convened meeting of the Board with at least 2 weeks’ notice, and by a resolution passed by at least 3/4th majority In the event of dissolution or winding up of the organization, the assets remaining as on the date of dissolution shall under no circumstances be distributed among the members of Board, but the same shall be transferred to another charitable organization whose objects are similar to this organization and which enjoys recognition under the relevant section of the Income Tax Act, 1961.